NORTH WALES STATIONS
OF STATIONS PAST AND PRESENT
IN OUR REGION.
this page were provided
by John Powell.
you have any
of stations not included
that you wish to submit, please use the email link on
Please keep files as small as possible, preferably
less than 50KB, and in the JPG format.
This is a map showing all of the original stations on the Chester - Holyhead main line.
This is Aber Station circa 1936 looking towards Conway
Abergele Station in 1936 looking east towards Rhyl.
Afonwen Station. " Dukedog " No 9014 is ready to leave with a train for Pwllheli. 10 / 6 / 1954
Amlwch Station, Món (Anglesey) 1964
The line closed to passenger traffic December 7th 1964
Bangor Station looking west May 1947
Bangor Station exterior circa 1920.
Bethesda station, 1963/64. The line was closed to traffic in October 1963
Blaenau Ffestiniog GWR station 1933
Bodfari station on the Chester - Denbigh line (circa 1905-10)
Bodorgan station Món (Anglesey) circa 1950.
Caernarfon LMS station looking south 1936
Full of nostalgia, Chester station circa 1930
Chester station circa 1950 looking towards North Wales / Birkenhead end.
Chester Northgate station on May 18th 1959 (S.D.Wainwright)
Chwilog station looking towards Afonwen 1958.
Colwyn Bay LNWR station looking west 1914.
Connahs Quay LMS station, Chester to Holyhead line (circa 1950's).
Conway LNWR station 1914.
Corwen station, August 7th 1948, as LMS 4-4-0 No 675 arrives with an afternoon train from Denbigh.
PHOTO: W. Camwell.
Criccieth station 1983, when it had dual track.
Cwm Y Glo station, Llanberis branch 1936.
Deganwy LMS station with a train arriving from Llandudno Junction 1936.
Denbigh Station in the mid 1950's
Dolwyddelan station May 27th 1980.
Flint station looking east 1970's
Gaerwyn station, Món (Anglesey) looking west to Holyhead in 1936
Holyhead LMS station, Món (Anglesey) 1936. A general view of approach and locomotive yards.
2-6-2T No 41276 from Rhyl depot (6K) waits at Holywell Junction with the auto train
to Holywell Town in the mid 1950's.
Holywell Junction LMS station looking towards Rhyl in 1936.
A 1932 view of Holywell Town
This is a very rare photograph of Kinmel Bay station circa 1890's, which was located
between Rhyl and Abergele
Llanberis station circa 1956/57.
The above scene was a common sight on summer Saturdays as the holiday excursions arrived
at Llandudno Station in the early 40's. The thousands of eager holiday makers would pour into the town
making their way to their "digs" in the days when motor cars were scarce and railway travel prices
were within the reach of the working classes.
Anyone who watches the empty DMU's arriving at the station nowadays must wonder where it all went wrong!
Another shot of Llandudno terminus with a holiday special waiting to leave in 1936.
The exterior of Llandudno station 1960
Llandudno Junction looking east with the lines to 6G on the right circa 1949.
Llandudno Junction looking towards the Llandudno branch and Conway Castle circa 1949.
The exterior of Llandudno Junction station circa 1909.
Another old postcard showing Llandudno Junction circa 1922.
Llandulas station looking towards Colwyn Bay circa 1920.
Llanerchymedd Station, Món (Anglesey) 1936.
Llanfairfechan LMS station looking west in 1936.
"Jubilee" class 45553 "Canada" passes through,
with a train for Holyhead on August 6th 1962.
Llangefni station Món (Anglesey) June 2nd 1961.
Llanrwst LMS station looking north towards Llandudno Junction in 1936.
A train for Blaenau Ffestiniog waits in the station.
Llysfaen station, circa 1890.
Menai Bridge, LMS station Món (Anglesey) looking west towards Conwy 1936.
The down "Irish Mail" headed by unidentified "Claughton" passes through
Mochdre and Pabo station circa 1920's
Mold station on September 24th 1966 showing 2-6-4 T 42461
pulling an RCTS special
Mold station exterior taken sometime in the 1920s
Mostyn LMS station, looking north west towards Rhyl in 1936.
Nantlle station October 1963.
Passenger services ceased on August 8th 1932, but freight continued until November 2nd 1963.
Penmaenmawr station 1936 from LMS magazine.
This is not a football crowd waiting to get into Goodison Park, this is the way the railways
used to be before Dr Beeching decided not enough people were using them.
Old Colwyn LNWR station looking east towards Abergele in 1914
"Compound" No. 41153 passes Old Colwyn station with a train from Llandudno
to Manchester in the mid 1950's.
Pen Y Groes LMS station in 1930, looking south towards Afonwen.
Nantlle branch is on the left hand side.
Pont y Pant station halt on the Conwy Valley branch line - June 28th 2009.
Port Dinorwic Station, February 25th 1958. B.R. Tank No. 80094.
"Dukedog" 9014 at Porthmadog station June 10th 1954.
Prestatyn LMS station 1936, looking east towards Chester.
An unidentified un-rebuilt Royal Scot Class waits in platform one
with a Chester bound train in platform three.
Pwllheli "new" station 1911.
Queensferry station looking east towards Chester in the mid 1940's.
Red Wharf Bay ex-LNWR station, Món (Anglesey) taken a few years after closure to all traffic
on April 3rd 1960.
Passenger services ceased on September 22nd 1930.
A rare shot of Rhosneigr station, Món (Anglesey) circa 1911.
The grand exterior of Rhyl station in 1908
Rhyl station platform 1910
Ruthin station with Webb
tank 6748 from
in May 1949.
on the left with unidentified GWR & LMS locomotives on view.
Saltney Ferry station looking east circa 1950.
Sandycroft station circa 1900.
Shotton Low Level station looking towards the High Level station in the late 1930's
Talacre station looking towards Prestatyn circa 1950.
Tal y Cafn LMS station 1936.
Ty Croes station Món (Anglesey) circa 1950.
Valley station Món (Anglesey) circa 1950.
Wrexham Central 1904